[Xen-users] No DomU network after switching from xm to xl

Hi!

I tried to switch the XEN toolstack from xm to xl, but discovered that my DomU was without network access.

Versions and configurations:

Dom0 and DomU kernel: self-compiled 3.3.6
Dom0 and DomU distribution: Debian testing
XEN version: 4.1.2

/etc/network/interfaces in Dom0 contains two bridge configurations: xenbr0 with the physical interface eth0 and xenbr1 with eth1.

The network configuration of the DomU has the line:
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:00:00:11, bridge=xenbr0', 'mac=00:16:3e:00:00:12, bridge=xenbr1' ]

/etc/xen/xl.conf contains the line:
vifscript="vif-bridge"

DomU boots without problems, but doesnât have network access. âbrctl showâ shows that the vif interfaces of DomU are not attached to the bridge. I donât see anything in the logs that the vif-bridge script is called, but I donât see error messages as well.

Switching back to xm solves the problem for now.

Any hints to solve this problem are welcome.

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |