Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 Memory?

On 10 May 2012 19:26, Dario Faggioli <raistlin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just to be sure we got each other properly, that is again fine,
> as /proc/meminfo or `free' in Dom0 reports the amount of free memory in
> Dom0, which is a VM to which you've given 1GB of RAM.
>
> Then, if your Dom0 has issues (slowdowns, OOM killings, etc.) with that
> amount of RAM you either should put more memory on dom0_mem= or avoid
> putting the dom0_mem option at all.
Well, with regard to this point, I've done many different tests during the last
period actually, just to see how it behaves. I stated that if I give
too much RAM
to dom0, the system is unusable (~3-4GB, or ~7-8 for the laptop). If I
avoid to set
such parameter, the amount of free RAM is random! One time I can get 3 or 4 GB
free (for my desktop PC with 4GB of RAM) or 300MB free, or some other random
value.

> Of course, the wiki links tells you
> shouldn't get rid of that cmdline option but, hey, one has to be free to
> do what he likes on his machines! :-P
LOL, of course! :-)

Best regards,

Flavio