Re: [Xen-users] pygrub vs. pv-grub

Thanks all, everything is working nicely now. After getting the prereqs for xen 4.1.2 I did a 'make stubdom' and found pv-grub-x86_64.gz waiting for me inÂ./dist/install/usr/lib/xen/boot/.

Also, I noticed people talking about the grub 0.97 fedora patch with ext4 support, so I gave that a shot and placed it at ./stubdom/grub.patches/grub-ext4-support.patch. Here's where I got it from.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=grub.git;a=blob_plain;f=grub-ext4-support.patch;hb=3bcdb10fc21d8e94efa70fd91d21224f13f01433

Booted a domU right up with pv-grub off of an ext4 volume. Nice.

Thanks,

Chris

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Luke S. Crawford <lsc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 12:57:54PM -0400, Chris Dickson wrote:
> Arg, thanks Simon. I'm using the debian package so that's the issue. I'm
> compiling everything in 4.1.2 from source now so hopefully pv-grub gets
> built.

Note, pv-grub doesn't need to be built with the dom0 you use.
I have a bunch of CentOS5/xen Dom0s, and the RHEL5/xen doesn't come
with pv-grub. Â I compile pv-grub seperately and just copy the binary
to my RHEL5 dom0 and it works fine.