Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1.2 source code

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Muhammed Aydin <maydin.work@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Xen users,
>
> I have been using Xen for a couple of months, and have decided to look at
> the source code to play around with it. The Xen version I have been using
> comes out of the box with Centos 5.5, (Xen 3.1.2).

It's not.

To be accurate, RHEL/Centos ships a modified (backports, custom fixes,
etc.) version of xen. So it's not ONLY xen-3.1.12 as distributed from
xen.org

> I use this because I have
> had too many problems with Xen on other platforms and it works without any
> problems. I have been looking for the source code for this version so that I
> can make any changes to it before recompiling, but it is not available
> online for some reason.

It's available.

For example, source RPM for latest centos 5.8 (which includes xen):
http://vault.centos.org/5.8/os/SRPMS/

Whether you know how to use the SRPM, however, is another matter. Try
reading this page and the links from that:
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/RebuildSRPM

--
Fajar