Re: [Xen-users] GUI frontend for Xen

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Niels Dettenbach <nd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 09:48:37 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 09:50:19 +0000

Am Freitag, 20. April 2012, 15:54:15 schrieb Donny Brooks:
> In the end we need centralized storage, SAN, with high availability
> failover. I know this can be done with just basic Xen but the management
> requires us to have a GUI for the "lesser technical staff" of our IT group.

Most "GUI"s are more then just GUIs for Xen - they are more or less heavy
complex cloud management systems which require significant knowledge.

But "less technical staff" could be a very wide range... ;) On the other hand
it depends from what this staff should (can) do with the GUI.

May be this two options are interesting for you:

- xen shell:
A very easy to use shell / cli based console which offers just two hand full
commands to work with (still once configured or templated) Xen VMs.
        http://xen-tools.org/software/xen-shell/

it could easily adapted and/or extended with own tasks and commands if
required.

- OpenQRM:
Open QRM is web based but (very) heavy too, but it allows access with sub
rights for users with lower rights and skills if the admin configures such an
usage level.

hth
best regards,

Niels.