Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Unable to boot installation ISO
From: "John F. Acree" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, April 04, 2012 11:57 am
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The gentoo minimal cd worked fine for me with xcp1.1, which I think is
running the xen-3 series. It was only on xcp1.5 that I ran into
problems getting it to be bootable, which I think runs the xen-4 series.

I have no idea what the difference is between the two. But as soon as I
get the chance I will take a screenshot of the boot process when it
fails, and include the vm-param-list output for that vm.

Maybe something has changed in the way the cdrom is handled or reported?

John

> Ok, to make a follow up on my original email, I tried linux rescue CD
> (systemrecue cd) and it booted. I saw that it dosent (or dosent appear
> to) support native Xen frontend driver so sees the cdrom in HVM.
> the gentoo seems to support native xen drivers (when booting, I can see
> the disk with xvda : xvda1, xvda2, etc)
> maybe the ISO dosent support a native xen cdrom driver (if there is one) ?
> J-F

John F. Acree
ideacode, Inc.