Re: [Xen-users] HVM on 3.2 kernel hdd speed issue

Am 02.04.2012 13:33, schrieb Mario:
On 04/02/2012 12:19 PM, Heiko Wundram wrote:
Windows, of course, does not natively support PVonHVM in any way (except
when using corresponding drivers to enable that), so if you get
excessively slower I/O-speeds on "fully" virtualized Linux DomUs than you do on Windows DomUs which _don't_ have the corresponding PV-drivers installed, something else is amiss here; it'd help if you could describe
your setup in a little more detail.

Why are we still on PVonHVM subject? I do not want that, I want
regular HVM to work with linux domU's the same way it works with
windows domU's. I don't have the luxury to install custom drivers on
some domU's, so there is no point in trying to force me to use PVonHVM
because i can't.
So, anyone else please? :-)

Read my last paragraph again, please: Linux fully virtualized DomUs (which use the corresponding NIC and disk emulation as implemented by qemu) shouldn't perform any different than a Windows DomU, I/O-performance wise, as both of them use the same infrastructure in Dom0 to do I/O (qemu process). You're saying that they are different, I/O-wise, so: please be a little more concrete _what_ the problem is that you're seeing. We don't have crystal balls handy, sorry.

--
--- Heiko.