Re: [Xen-users] ATI Catalyst BSOD

Hello Casey,

That's excellent news!  I'm glad I was able to help someone with that tip :)

Full VGA Passthrough---registering the VGA BIOS with the HVM QEMU
BIOS---is some awesome stuff.  I just wish my foray into Xen had ever
gotten it to work! It was that failure and other problems (like trying
to figure out how to edit boot menus with GRUB2 when I just want to
edit the config file! grr...) that led me to ultimately run ESXi for
the pet project I took on.

I would much, much rather have the control and functionality that Xen
offers... if you can put up a good step-by-step guide running on top
of Debian (possibly Ubuntu?) I'd love to take a stab at duplicating
your results on my quad-head system.  Some small problems that I'm
running into with VMware didn't exist on Xen, and I'd really love to
get it up and running, in all its glory, on top of Xen, and then make
a fun tutorial of my own. :)

Please do keep us posted on your progress!  Great to hear someone's
having fun, and a bit of good luck too!

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky

P.S. By the way, if you right click the desktop of your Dom-U and
click "Screen Resolution," you should be able to see the monitor's
model there.  I can't say I've ever heard of an LCD that performs
under- or overscan, given the pixel-perfect nature of
DVI/HDMI/Displayport.