[Xen-users] Dear Tobias Geiger, I Need Help with Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview / XP (Xen 4.2-unstable)

Dear Tobia Geiger and Xen users and developers,

My Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Windows XP HVM domU is only partially successful. There is a yellow exclamation mark besides NVIDIA Geforce 8400 GS in Device Manager. Device Manager reports:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem.

I suspect the above problem has to do with MMIO BARs pBAR:vBAR 1:1 mapping.

Could you read through my attached "Xen VGA Passthrough - Version 1.6.pdf" documentation carefully to see if there are any mistakes in this area? Of concern are Sections 3, 4, and 6 in my Xen VGA Passthrough documentation.

I am using Xen 4.2-unstable changesets 25070 and 25099 and Linux Kernel 3.3.0.

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore