Re: [Xen-users] no network on domU in network-bridge configuration on Xen-4.0

2012/3/18 Motiejus Jakštys <desired.mta@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 03:26:09PM +0000, Motiejus Jakštys wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 14:22, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 12:58 +0000, Motiejus Jakštys wrote:
>
> I managed to narrow down the problem. The symptoms are exactly like here:
> http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/18711/28726/
>
> Once after yet another reboot hypervisor did not have internet access, but
> guest did (!).
>
> The proposed workaround in the link is for BCM5708 (driver bnx2), however, my
> card is BCM5707 (driver tg3).
>
> And b57udiag (broadcom B5707 management service) does not have such an option
> to "disable management". From related things it has only IPMI. I disabled
> IPMI,
> but no help. Maybe other ideas how should I tune the NIC config?
> Documentation[1].
>
> I also use the latest driver from Broadcom site (3.122g, whereas linux-2.6.32
> version is 3.116).
>
> # ethtool -i peth0
> driver: tg3
> version: 3.122g
> firmware-version: 5704-v3.36
> bus-info: 0000:02:05.0
>
> Next step would be to upgrade the firmware of the NIC itself, but I couldn't
> find the image anywhere.. Any hints?

Usually the vendor site (e.g. HP, IBM) has it.

> Seems that problem is not really Xen specific, rather Broadcom one. Anywhere
> else I should ring the bells?
>
> [1]:
> ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/CDR-APLUS_1.12_for_A+_platform/Broadcom/Build8.2.6/DOS/UserDiag/B57UDIAG.pdf

Ask supermicro for updated firmware, perhaps?

You might also want to try:
- booting native kernel, and use qemu/KVM with bridge setup (to make
sure that the problem is NOT xen-related), possibly with
manually-created bridge
- test latest vanilla kernel (which should work fine as dom0 kernel),
just in case it's fixed there already
- if it IS xen-specific problem, try latest 4.1.

--
Fajar