Re: [Xen-users] High Oracle overhead with Xen 4.1.2

Hi,

questions:

Guest OS: CentOS 5.6 (Linux 2.6.18-238.el5) with 12 GB memory and 4 vcpus
Is it  2.6.18-238.el5 or  2.6.18-238.el5xen?

Can you try to do a cpu pinning for all vcpus onto real cpus?

Florian

2012/3/16 AP <apxeng@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I am trying to move a workload from bare metal on to a Xen VM. Prior
> to doing that I decided to do some performance benchmarks using
> Hammerora (http://hammerora.sourceforge.net/).
> The following is the details of the configuration/results of an
> experiment to determine the overhead of XEN. The tests were run on the
> same hardware. I am seeing a high overhead with Xen. I realize there
> will be a IO penalty so I moved all the redo logs in to memory. I do
> understand there will be a VM scheduling penalty with Xen but should
> it be in the 30-40% range? Does anyone have any insight in to this?

Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and