Re: [Xen-users] High Oracle overhead with Xen 4.1.2

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM, AP <apxeng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yeah, that is a little tricky for me to pull off though I am using
> identical disks for the both tests. Plus I don't know how much that
> will help as most of the stuff was in memory (tmpfs) and hence IO
> shouldn't be that much of an issue. So what I am concerned about is
> the heavy 30-40% hit with Xen being predominantly CPU and memory
> bound.

I wonder if this is because the vanilla pv_ops kernel.

It'd be great if you can repeat the setup with a centos5 dom0, just to
be sure. If it DOES perform better, then something in the new upstream
kernel is causing the penalty, in which case xen-devel would probably
be the more appropriate place to ask.

--
Fajar