Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Xen Hypervisor - VM not visible to outside machines

On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 07:22 +0000, ramya n wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed the Xen 4.1 Hypervisor on Ubuntu 11.10. I have a
> single VM on the Xen that runs Ubuntu 10.10.
> I am able to connect to the network and ping from the VM to the host
> machine as well as to outside machines.
> But the outside machines are not able to ping the VM since the VM is
> not visible on the network.
>
> Is there any way I can resolve this? If so, could you please suggest
> the procedure to be followed?

This is likely to be a configuration issue and therefore would be more
appropriate for xen-users@ in the first instance. The xen-devel@ list
focusses on discussion of the development of Xen
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Asking_Xen_Devel_Questions. I have moved this
post to xen-users@ and put xen-devel@ to bcc.

If I were you I would start by checking my firewall configuration in
both dom0 and domU.

If this doesn't help then I suggest you include more details about the
specifics of your configuration, at a minimum all the networking related
stuff mentioned on http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen,
precise kernel versions for dom0 and domU, exact guest configuration and
whatever else you feel might be relevant.

Thanks,