Re: [Xen-users] "Hard" hangs on several Intel(-chipset) boards

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:40:24 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:41:27 +0000

Hello.

El 12/03/12 02:28, Heiko Wundram escribió:
As I've not been able to get a serial cable attached for in-depth
debugging of Xen problems on the hangs (the hosting-provider is not very
cooperative), is there anything else I can do to debug these hangs? Or,
has anybody else experienced the same hangs?
For debugging, if there is no IPMI or IP-KVM and syslog to remote server does not help, you may try to get a "netconsole".

This is kinda rustic, the sender is set up via a kernel boot argument, the receiver is a raw network socket (netcat works). No authentication, no encryption, no routing (sic! must be within same IP subnet).

Check this links:
http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/NETCONSOLE.html
http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v3.2.9/Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt

Greetings.