Re: [Xen-users] pfsense

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 21:02:08 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 03:03:16 +0000

Hello.
(no need to CC me, i read the list)

On 11/03/12 20:39, jacek burghardt wrote:
I have pfsense box running on another 860 that works fine .
Great!

I dont know how xen assigns Mac to network what if Mac address is
diffrent on network card than on virtual will that cause issues. Is
there a way to assign network card to hvm on this box
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking explains well, how the MAC's are assigned. It has nice pictures, you will like it. In short, the VM's network card should not have the same MAC address as the physical card. The MAC for the virtual card is generated on the fly each time the VM is started, or specified via config file.

And yes, you can give your HVM the whole network card, with PCI passthrough. http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough.html explains how.

On Mar 11, 2012 6:15 PM, "Alexandre Kouznetsov" <alk@xxxxxxxxxx