Re: [Xen-users] [xen-users] Need to migrate a centos image from xen source to xenserver

David,

  Not a Linux expert and have a question about some of the instructions

Onapp stores their backup snapshots as tar files with a designator like a3723jsfsdf34. Is a tar file the equivelant of a .img file as per your instructions??

Not sure how xen source stores its image files. I did take the file a3723jsfsdf34 and rename it to test.tar and was able to un-tar it to a directory and I can see all the directories and files.

Your instructions say to mount the image and update the grub files, but when I tried to do a:

mkdir /mnt/test
mount -i loop test.tar /mnt/test

it asks for a fs type and I'm lost as to what to put in there.

Thanks!
Andy