Re: [Xen-users] Bug or cofiguration error?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 12:49:43 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:50:08 +0000

The dom0 does not need all of the CPUs or all of the memory.  The only thing
that is important is whether or not the hypervisor can see the resources and
assign them to various domU.  Use XenCenter or OpenXenManager to make sure
the hypervisor can see the resources.

Remember, the dom0 is not the hypervisor.  The dom0 is simply one of the
guests with special privileges and duties.  This is often a source of
confusion for new Xen users.  The domU don't run inside the dom0.  The dom0
and domU run inside the hypervisor.