Re: [Xen-users] Need Virtualization Support in laptop

On 16 October 2011 14:46, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am having a Dell Inspiron 1440 laptop. This does not have
> virtualization support.I want  Virtualization Technology support in
> this laptop.
>
> What should I do
> 1) should I  get motherboard replaced
> 2) or should I get processor replaced.
The substitution of the processor is sufficient.
Of course if you get a VT-x or AMD-v CPU enabled, you
will have the possibility to have the virtualization technology
support.
Actually, even if I had the same problem on a Desktop PC, it
was sufficient to buy a new CPU with VT-x support.
The motherboard should be bought only if it doesn't support the
new CPU.

Note that, many laptops don't give the possibility to enable the VT-x
through the BIOS (like my case), even the CPU supports it. In this
case, there are alternative procedures to get it enabled! ;-)

Bye,
--
Flavio