Re: [Xen-users] Debian 6/Squeeze with Xen 4.0.1 doesn't work out of the box

On 11.10.2011 23:14, Jan Bakuwel wrote:

I don't know why but my (un?)conscious mind insisted that the Debian
package xen-linux-system-2.6-xen-amd64 would "naturally" put the right
entries in the grub config (as it did) and in the right order (as it
didn't) so it would boot the hypervisor by default.

This behaviour is documented:

http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/i386/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#xen-upgrades

http://wiki.debian.org/Xen#Dom0_.28host.29

| Debian Squeeze uses Grub 2 whose default is to list normal kernels
| first, and only then list the Xen hypervisor and its kernels.

with solution:

| mv -i /etc/grub.d/10_linux /etc/grub.d/21_linux

Paul