Re: [Xen-users] small cluster storage configuration?

On 10/10/11 22:53, Bart Coninckx wrote:
On 10/10/11 22:35, Miles Fidelman wrote:

That's why I'm trying to avoid using DRBD - looking for an alternative
that will
replicate data across all four nodes, and allow for continued operation
if one
(or possibly two) node(s) fail. It looks like GlusterFS, VastSky, and
Sheepdog would
do this but development on VastSky seems to have stalled, and Sheepdog
is KVM-only.

I just looked at GlusterFS and VastSky - these seems to be aimed at
aggregating storage located across different servers. Correct me if I'm
wrong, but this seems to me the opposite of what you are looking for:
you want HA, so data needs to be replicated to be available via
different servers, right?

Continued reading some more on VastSky. This seems to offer redundancy too, by means of mirroring. 4 nodes might be not enough for that though. Also, I wonder if it is suitable for things like live migration, which iSCSI and AoE can do.

B.