Re: [Xen-users] How to make bridge with no IP

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:57 AM, Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08/06/10 20:47, Simon Hobson wrote:
>>
>> Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
>>
>>> I wish to make a bridge in my Dom0 that has no IP address assigned to it.
>>> By default, Xen attaches my peth0 interface to a bridge called eth0. I then

>> I believe the trick is to do "ip link up" (check man pages for correct
>> syntax) to make the link itself active, but you don't need to add an IP.
>>
> Fixed. Thanks!

If you want it to survive reboots, you might want to use OS network
settings to create your own bridge, and comment-out Xen's
network-bridge script. This thread has a (somewhat complex) example
for Ubuntu/Debian:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-05/msg00842.html

--
Fajar