[Xen-users] xm console domU not taking username and password

In bash I opened one terminal to install domU it hanged

and then in another terminal
I typed as root
xm console mydomU
it started some processes but then it is not taking the username root
which I had specified at the command prompt it is not asking me for a
password
which was specified when it was booting

in following command
 xen-create-image --hostname=mydomU --dhcp --dist=jaunty
 --mirror=http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu --size=4Gb
 --memory=512Mb --swap=512MB --arch=i386 --partitions=with-data
 --boot --passwd --role udev

* Mounting local filesystems...                                         [ OK ]
 * Activating swapfile swap...                                           [ OK ]
 * Configuring network interfaces...                                     [ OK ]
 * Setting up console font and keymap...                                 [ OK ]
 * Starting system log daemon...                                         [ OK ]
 * Starting kernel log daemon...                                         [ OK ]
 * Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server sshd                             [ OK ]

Ubuntu 9.04 mydomU hvc0

mydomU login: