Re: [Xen-users] XEN and DSL (pppd)

On Monday 16 January 2006 20:29, Boris Kröger wrote:

> And this is what happens using XEN on my box:
> - I boot the machine (DSL is working perfect as ever)
> - I start xend (DSL still works)
> - I start a domU (it sets up an vifx.0 device) (DSL doesn't work anymore)

starting of the first domU triggers the network-startup scripts xen installed,
those rename your eth0 device to peth0, and create a new "virtual" eth0.

I see two possible things you could try:

(re)start ppp after domU startup (also try to configure it to work on device
peth0 then)

or

setup the bridge "by hand" (or with your distributions brctl/networking
scripts), have xen use the existing bridge.

Hope one of those works,
/Ernst