Re: [Patch][RFC] fix PAL_HALT ( is Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [RFC] dumpcore is failed for PAL_HALT)

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 10:02 +0900, Akio Takebe wrote:
> >Do VTI domains implement enough ACPI to provide the OS a fake S5 power
> >state?  If not, a PV-on-HVM driver could set pm_power_off and use a
> >hypercall, but that means HVM domains would need a Xen driver for some
> >pretty basic functionality.  Maybe all vcpus in cpu_halt() should only
> >be cause for a domain shutdown for VTI domains?
> Hmm. Some OSes on VTI may use cpu_halt() on all vcpu.
> So I add printk like "call PAL_HALT on all cpu",
> and call domain_shutdown() for VTI domain.
> Is this OK?

Hi Akio,

   I would prioritize a poweroff shutting down a domain over halt making
a domain stall.  So for VTI domains, this sounds ok.  I'd skip the
printk though, it seems overly verbose.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.