[Patch][RFC] fix PAL_HALT ( is Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [RFC] dump core is failed for PAL_HALT)

Hi, Isaku and all

Thank you for your suggestion.
>Choice C.
>       Modify PAL_HALT emulation as follows.
>       If other vcpu is left and alive, vcpu is put in sleep.
>       If current is the last vcpu, call domain_shutdown(SHUTDOWN_poweroff).
>       It will be guaranteed that the vcpu which call panic() calls
>        HYPERVISOR_shutdown(SHUTDOWN_crash) via xen_panic_block so that
>        the guest domain's core dump should be created.
>        (I haven't tested it though.)
>
>--

I make the patch of choice C.
This patch modify PAL_HALT of guest domain.
I can dump correctly with my patch.
But if I use this patch, I cannot shutdown domU,
because linux machine_halt() call cpu_halt from only one cpu.
Do anyone know why linux call it from only one cpu?
Or do I have miss-reading about that?

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe