Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] RFC: adding a dom0_firmware_setup hypercall

Le Mercredi 24 Mai 2006 08:50, Tian, Kevin a écrit :
> [...]
I don't want to kill it.

>       - Why is it the first step toward save&restore?
Currently, SETVPUCONTEXT has side effects: initializing the domain.
SETVPUCONTEXT has to be used during restore to set all VCPUs.  If it also
initialize the domain (ie, set the firmware), bad things may happen.

>       - ...

> Based on those information, people can better understand your
> proposal and thus give appropriate comments.
>
> BTW, why can't those new fields (or whole firmware setup structure) be
> put in vcpu_guest_context without adding a new dom0_op?
For the above reason.
I think vcpu_guest_context should only modify the vcpu, not the domain.

> >[This patch also contains warning cleanup, it will be separated of
> >course].
>
> It's still better if you could remove hunks which only contains warning
> cleanup, and then make people further focusing the very content you
> like others to review. :-)
Sure.

Tristan.