[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: PATCH: get rid of dcr bit 63 trick

You *really* don't like that dcr bit 63 test, do you? :-)

One disadvantage of your "cpl!=0" test is that it
gives the "wrong" answer for a fully-virtualized
domain.  Arun Sharma (before he left Intel) was looking
at ways of combining paravirtualization performance
into a fully-virtualized domain.

Also, per the last time this was discussed, I think there
are plans in future Itaniums to architect the
discovery of a virtualization layer, which will
undoubtedly be different than both the dcr-bit-63 and
cpl!=0 method, so we will just have to change it again
in the future.

Dan