Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] PATCH: cleanup of tlbflush

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 10:11:24AM +0800, Tian, Kevin wrote:

> Yes, same page now. On this point, we have to trust. Hey, para-domain
> is para-virtualized so it should be cooperative. Cooperative here means
> para-domain needs to conform with para-interfaces defined by Xen. One
> of Xen's responsibility is to service domain's request (good or bad) and
> ensure bad request from one crazy domain not interfering with others.
> You know there're infinite approaches to destroy domain itself easier than
> passing a bogus va at grant unmap. :-)

If domain's bad behaviour is contained within a domain, it's okay.
It will get an undesirable result or xen destroys it as a result.
The issue here is that trusting dom0 when unmapping granted pages
may affect a whole system or xen itself potentially.
The effect isn't contained within the domain itself.
Dom0 may destroy data of xen or another domain.

--
yamahata