Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: PATCH: ia64_new_rr7 rewritten + cleanup

Le Mardi 09 Mai 2006 17:59, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) a écrit :
> > > Good cleanup.  No specific problems noted however something
> > > this basic should probably get more thorough testing.  Since
> > > rr7 changes only on domain switch, booting a few domains
> > > simultaneously and actively exercising them would probably
> > > be a good idea.
> >
> > Sure.
> > But a single error and the domain doesn't boot anymore.
>
> Perhaps.  For example, if dom0 and domU are identical bits,
> if rr7 never changed (due to a bug), everything might still
> boot and work properly.  (Maybe not, but there may be other
> similar examples.)
dom0 and domU are not identical bits :-)
Results of this night are still ok.

> > Booting dom0+domU each 2 ways on a 2 cpus machine does also a
> > lot of domain
> > switch.  I will exerce this night.
>
> Thanks.  I trust your patches very much, but now that
> everything is finally stable, I think we should be
> testing patches to core function with more than just
> a boot domU test.
Testing is very important, and I always check my patch before submitting it.
Of course, my checks are often short (only a few minutes of run) and I can
miss stability bugs.

On the other side, I don't want to enter into a no-touch period.

Tristan.