[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH] arm/nospec: Make nospec helpers always_inline
- To: Alejandro Vallejo <alejandro.garciavallejo@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Orzel, Michal" <michal.orzel@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2026 14:00:29 +0200
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass (sender ip is 165.204.84.17) smtp.rcpttodomain=lists.xenproject.org smtp.mailfrom=amd.com; dmarc=pass (p=quarantine sp=quarantine pct=100) action=none header.from=amd.com; dkim=none (message not signed); arc=none (0)
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector10001; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=A/uCyFSvq0Vh8IMLf8yXpqJuRKqkn+sKLnhmNJT74LQ=; b=blTILmzI8TNadK+r/nrU7vWmYx3Vw0CHzQiHFjFa5G/NZoiYgvOfd77pNYTPJ46OAjkBbr3OQD/VxtGWsir/ell7/roJBCPdH7enZbWV5X4xIR1MAW/PAbxcHWqqB9f5acl2uB23SXKEaRzjI6S+fi+nOTOsL5P7rKlrSaYXy11pgjlZlkWpcskAQJceH1l45Gpd7HqUdTgM9XQgrlI+eUtUPI2ga6sQssY7ROYQUzMmLEBhdHSEUq2rjxsqn12ixv9J8VnRoqG+4bjaEUBT1WueacSnJgvxk0nhEkQnBDLwPNevLXQs6UYs5airDyb4/46vFv5P4Kj8jM+ONE9ARQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector10001; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=J1iqlmldR8VJ/EqSJD7OzL8gHOojJ1Fwp+KhAJCuZaF9gWuc/zarr8FyayvEcMhTSEgX5/vJFvtKB0jFM/x71Sd3HX6AhscZ0uWkqDoDmDpzpWKaUjELY13dK8X/v8ZZYB8gByLnI7CKoV+tiqAZ+KrtZeR8t0Mv12w589Er5fw/DY8Teb7L6YC+QBOS3dxUSNE7ZE/PQCgEErQivS+EifVS4i+gsZfKiRz2pApeHKAzwIYC9rQkIuPjP5nj0XrAnCAr5UlnqVhJvw+IdO9/QTcwCRddP11ApgqVK9jYwYW/0GC2mVg8htuAN8fAO6AdmdlC/M8q4NJ/CmvjuJkcvg==
- Authentication-results: eu.smtp.expurgate.cloud; dkim=pass header.s=selector1 header.d=amd.com header.i="@amd.com" header.h="From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck"
- Cc: Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx>, Julien Grall <julien@xxxxxxx>, Bertrand Marquis <bertrand.marquis@xxxxxxx>, "Volodymyr Babchuk" <Volodymyr_Babchuk@xxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Oct 2026 12:00:48 +0000
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xenproject.org>
On 06-Oct-26 14:29, Alejandro Vallejo wrote:
> On Tue Oct 6, 2026 at 12:45 PM CEST, Orzel, Michal wrote:
>>
>>
>> On 06-Oct-26 12:31, Alejandro Vallejo wrote:
>>> While today they don't implement fencing in a way that would block
>>> speculation, once/if they do they'll absolutely need to be inlined, even
>>> if -fno-inline or -fno-early-inlining are passed.
>>>
>>> Signed-off-by: Alejandro Vallejo <alejandro.garciavallejo@xxxxxxx>
>> Reviewed-by: Michal Orzel <michal.orzel@xxxxxxx>
>>
>> but this should be done for Arm, RISCV and PPC at once in which case you can
>> keep my tag for v2 # for Arm.
>
> Neither RISCV nor PPC implement nospec.h today. Should I considered the
> R-by just settled for this patch?
I'm not sure I understand. You wrote that they don't implement the header
whereas I can see:
arch/riscv/include/asm/nospec.h
arch/ppc/include/asm/nospec.h
hence my remark to fix all at once.
~Michal
|