[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH] Eclair: scan the last xen-syms linking pass on Arm
- To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>
- From: Dmytro Prokopchuk1 <dmytro_prokopchuk1@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2026 16:09:39 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US, uk-UA, ru-RU
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=epam.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=epam.com; dkim=pass header.d=epam.com; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector10001; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=RqeqPmRIP55qeuFGubxWMpyfNYitvyBVmzEDNyDZ9QU=; b=nCFyOXw9vJJY1qmv6IE6SFYnPcvx7zVVBADbqOT9i/jGuGhY+SB7919jpYYQN717IxDAPI46G6BVtP2y6KrQgMOvgumQ1Y6sEayFeZTekCA5kGCU4nmgrd0FdhUZGqYC/qvkkyhT8/iFhKtr19ORDDZ4oblhpDPKHIbKxx8rzbZFaRkoQ/YIhp8C88YOh257Z3Ve1FOdtbjOqp9gZ+mh4lIUDaBnbCcxKg+uYsN5WOaxOw4B91/8ap2611PKuW/+Rql1q/eG6UAWOfm6NChpmvCv8B1ZSGHMfdalV5OqtyYHSovHy3PrEgsf7PaLOaxGR7Xw63CXiPulvoHHy+KNqQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector10001; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=QuhTykO0jnXr3NrvfIiFbq+6X0j72RD3sPSUKtVhOsBAU9ip8tVq7R7afAuTNla3S1bNnsrmEoSI5NFOPHlZGw2xFC7+A15auiJZJoVstMYbRCAv0BeZ7pTxpqrehrxqkTDdtjI0RIteuXZCOMPSiUNUNFcpDe2CwOFrAl9BNxruBMuHIBKfMYf2LTvaZp/BrJbTWN6bOsjYT+GuoLtVy3OhWCEYDhUfKhOtjqN4Wy4e3TFK+P9NcqgqNhzmEn7VvnenNM64EGtHZj+DKC8EQnZSQvur5qJTxougUQplsfjpf4k5OdteJF7a28eykLBUyb8PYChtOJ8q6Jt/p1EOZQ==
- Authentication-results: eu.smtp.expurgate.cloud; dkim=pass header.s=selector1 header.d=epam.com header.i="@epam.com" header.h="From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:x-ms-exchange-senderadcheck"
- Authentication-results: mx.microsoft.com 1; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;dmarc=none action=none header.from=epam.com;
- Cc: Nicola Vetrini <nicola.vetrini@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Goldstein <cardoe@xxxxxxxxxx>, Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Oct 2026 16:09:47 +0000
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xenproject.org>
- Thread-index: AQHdVZ47rgN8qfc/LUyZracn12XLU7bwnI6AgAASYQA=
- Thread-topic: [PATCH] Eclair: scan the last xen-syms linking pass on Arm
On 10/6/26 18:03, Jan Beulich wrote:
> On 06.10.2026 16:23, Dmytro Prokopchuk1 wrote:
>> Hiding .xen-syms.[013] assumed the almost-final image is always pass 2.
>> On x86 LAST_LINKING_PASS is 2, so .xen-syms.2 stays visible. On Arm
>> LAST_LINKING_PASS is 3 and the final image is .xen-syms.3, which was
>> hidden. Pass 2 is usually only a symlink, so Eclair saw no program link
>> and reported every translation unit as unreachable.
>
> When I did that work, rule 2.1 ended up clean for both ARM64-* analysis
> jobs (iirc). Upon re-checking I now see that ARM64-amd has 177 violations
> (apparently that's what you talk about above), but ARM64-allcode has none
> (https://gitlab.com/xen-project/hardware/xen/-/pipelines/2916569232).
>
>> Stop hiding pass 3. Passes 0 and 1 remain excluded.
>
> This will cause scanning of both passes 2 and 3, i.e. consume more time
> and report duplicate violations when both passes are real linking steps.
> I think we want to be smarter than that, to really scan exactly once. I
> don't have a good idea just yet how to achieve that, though (and I was
> wondering already when putting together the original patch).
>
> Jan
Hmm
At the moment
(https://gitlab.com/xen-project/hardware/xen/-/pipelines/2917375773) I
see ARM64 R2.1 violations:
- 177 in AMD
- 249 in allcode
Anyway, we can have if-else like this (copied from
automation/eclair_analysis/ECLAIR/tagging.ecl):
-setq=target,getenv("XEN_TARGET_ARCH")
if(string_equal(target,"x86_64"),
file_tag+({"xen_syms_tmp", "^xen/\\.xen-syms\\.[013]$"}),
if(string_equal(target,"arm64"),
file_tag+({"xen_syms_tmp", "^xen/\\.xen-syms\\.[012]$"})
)
)
^^^ test pipeline is here:
https://gitlab.com/xen-project/people/dimaprkp4k/xen/-/pipelines/2918571749
BR, Dmytro.
|