[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [PATCH v4 4/4] xen/riscv: use pte_is_valid() in pte_is_mapping()





On 10/1/26 11:15 AM, Baptiste Le Duc wrote:
On 2026-10-01 11:07 +0200, Baptiste Le Duc wrote:
Use pte_is_valid() instead of open-coding the PTE_VALID check.

No functional change.

Assisted-by: Claude:claude-opus-5
Signed-off-by: Baptiste Le Duc <baptiste.le-duc@xxxxxxxxxx>

I forgot the changelog for this patch:

Changes since v3:
- Rebase on the pte_is_reserved() -> pte_has_reserved_rwx() rename in
patch 3, only the context line changes.

I’m sorry, but I’m not sure the changelog entry is expected to apply to this patch. I don’t see these changes in the patch itself. Am I missing something?

It looks like this renaming may have been done in one of the previous patches, since there is no + or - next to the ASSERT line:

@@ -188,7 +188,7 @@ static inline bool pte_is_mapping(pte_t p)
 {
     ASSERT(!pte_has_reserved_rwx(p));

Anyway ...


Sorry for the noise, I didn't know if the reviewed-by
Oleksii gave applied here as I rebased the patch.


... I think that you could keep R-by but anyway the changes look good to me so:

Reviewed-by: Oleksii Kurochko <oleksii.kurochko@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks!

~ Oleksii



 


Rackspace

Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.