[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [PATCH v3 2/6] xen/riscv: rename PTE "permissions" to "pte_flags"





On 9/30/26 2:07 PM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 29.09.2026 18:32, Baptiste Le Duc wrote:
paddr_to_pte()'s "permissions" parameter, the matching local in

setup_initial_mapping() and p2m_set_permission() don't only deal with

permission bits: they also handle PTE_VALID, PTE_USER, PTE_ACCESSED and

PTE_DIRTY.



Rename them to "pte_flags" and p2m_set_pte_flags() respectively.



No functional change.



Requested-by: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>

Assisted-by: Claude:claude-opus-5

Signed-off-by: Baptiste Le Duc <baptiste.le-duc@xxxxxxxxxx>

In principle
Acked-by: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>

I won't, however, be able to apply this patch as-is. As you can see both above
and below, extra newlines were inserted everywhere on the way here. The list
archive doesn't show this issue, but instead shows undue wrapped lines. It is
also only this one patch in the series which has this issue. You will need to
resend for me to properly consume.

I had the same issue but I resolved it with a small bash script.

~ Oleksii



 


Rackspace

Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.