[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [RFC XEN PATCH 00/13] Running bare-metal tests with "pytest"



> From: Anthony PERARD <anthony.perard@xxxxxxxxxx>
> 
> Patch series available in this git branch:
> https://xenbits.xenproject.org/git-http/people/aperard/xen-unstable.git 
> br.ci.bare-metal-with-pytest-v1
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I wanted to add some new machine to our GitLab CI, but I didn't want to
> duplicate yet another time the existing shell script. They are good to get the
> ball rolling but are getting harder to maintain as more test are been added,
> and don't share common code between machines.

Hi Anthony,

Nice to hear! I reviewed it quickly and it seems to be a more maintainable
solution to add machines in the CI.

FWIW the patch series I sent [1] also uses a python-driven framework (QTB)
which aims to replace the existing shell smoke test scripts. It's QEMU-only
though as it drives QEMU over QMP/qtest to manually trigger some IRQs. So,
it doesn't cover your usecase for the moment as-is and for the moment I
don't see a possible common abstraction between them but worth flagging.

Moreover, do you think we could replace the QEMU smoke-tests by using your
framework? With a very quick review, it seems we could just add a pytest
fixture machine_on_qemu(). If yes, then it would definitely be an overlap
with the usage of QTB I described above.

[1] 
https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/1787823334.8631fc262581453bbf619ec5b2062170.1a04293255c000c4f3@xxxxxxxxxx/

-- 
Baptiste Le Duc <baptiste.le-duc@xxxxxxxxxx>



 


Rackspace

Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.