Re: MISRA: Compatible declarations for sort and bsearch

On 2023-11-29 04:26, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Mon, 27 Nov 2023, Nicola Vetrini wrote:
> > /*
> >   * TODO: make first_valid_mfn static when NUMA is supported on Arm, this
> >   * is required because the dummy helpers are using it.
> >   */
> > extern mfn_t first_valid_mfn;
> >
> > it should probably be deviated.
>
> NUMA work is still in progress for Arm, I think, so I'd rather wait with
> deviating.

+Stefano

I can leave it as is, if that's indeed going to become static at some point.

I see the point in waiting given the TODO comment, but I wouldn't want
this issue to be the only thing standing between us and zero violation
of Rule 8.4 on ARM. So I think we should add SAF to the comment and
remove it when not necessary any longer.

Ok, thanks.

--
Nicola Vetrini, BSc
Software Engineer, BUGSENG srl (https://bugseng.com)