Re: Failing eclair-ARM64 job

On 2023-11-10 02:04, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On 2023-11-08 09:17, Nicola Vetrini wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> sorry for the late reply; see my response below.
>
> On 2023-10-31 22:47, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> > Hi Simone,
> >
> > As you might have noticed, all the eclair-ARM64 jobs have been failing
> > recently for the upstream Xen "staging" branch:
> >
> > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/xen/-/pipelines/1056527466
> > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/xen/-/pipelines/1056520898
> >
> > Although eclair-ARM64 is "allow_failure: true" still is the only job
> > currently failing and it would be nice to get it fixed, especially as we
> > are about to make gitlab-ci pipelines gating.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Stefano
>
> A patch that is meant to address the issue related to D4.11, which makes the
> Arm job always
> fail with a report on a clean guideline, has been submitted on the ML:

https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/3f163bb58993410183229e72eb1f227057f9b1c7.1699034273.git.nicola.vetrini@xxxxxxxxxxx/

This is about the semi-random failures mentioned to Roberto in yesterday's
MISRA C meeting.
Neither me nor Simone has seem a mail sent from Andrew about such semi-random
failures.

So you are saying there is  no problem with the ECLAIR arm64 job, it is
just that it is failing on a false-positive violation and we already
have a tentative fix for that currently under discussion [1]. Once we
commit the fix, everything will pass?

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/3f163bb58993410183229e72eb1f227057f9b1c7.1699034273.git.nicola.vetrini@xxxxxxxxxxx/

+Andrew

Yes, that's what we know. If someone found other intermittent issues we can investigate them,
but we received no notice of such issues.

Andrew, can you confirm receiving this email?

--
Nicola Vetrini, BSc
Software Engineer, BUGSENG srl (https://bugseng.com)