Re: Failing eclair-ARM64 job

On 2023-11-08 09:17, Nicola Vetrini wrote:
Hi Stefano,

sorry for the late reply; see my response below.

On 2023-10-31 22:47, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
Hi Simone,

As you might have noticed, all the eclair-ARM64 jobs have been failing
recently for the upstream Xen "staging" branch:

https://gitlab.com/xen-project/xen/-/pipelines/1056527466
https://gitlab.com/xen-project/xen/-/pipelines/1056520898

Although eclair-ARM64 is "allow_failure: true" still is the only job
currently failing and it would be nice to get it fixed, especially as we
are about to make gitlab-ci pipelines gating.

Cheers,

Stefano

A patch that is meant to address the issue related to D4.11, which makes the Arm job always
fail with a report on a clean guideline, has been submitted on the ML:

https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/3f163bb58993410183229e72eb1f227057f9b1c7.1699034273.git.nicola.vetrini@xxxxxxxxxxx/

This is about the semi-random failures mentioned to Roberto in yesterday's MISRA C meeting. Neither me nor Simone has seem a mail sent from Andrew about such semi-random failures.

We are not aware of any semi-random failures in the ARM64 analysis, and applying this patch should fix the problem. The error "error: No such remote: 'autoPRRemote'" should not impact
the outcome of the job in any way.

Let us know if there are other Arm-related problems to be addressed.

Kind Regards,

--
Nicola Vetrini, BSc
Software Engineer, BUGSENG srl (https://bugseng.com)