Re: [Xen-devel] libvirt support for scheduler credit2

On Wed, 2020-01-22 at 18:56 +0000, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> On 1/21/20 10:05 AM, Jürgen Groß wrote:
> > On 21.01.20 17:56, Kevin Stange wrote:
> > >
> > > Since Xen 4.12, credit2 is the default scheduler, but at least as
> > > of
> > > libvirt 5.1.0 virsh doesn't appear to understand credit2 and
> > > produces
> > > this sort of output:
>
> You would see the same with libvirt.git master, sorry. ATM the
> libvirt libxl
> driver is unaware of the credit2 scheduler.

Right. I Just sent the patch:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2020-January/msg01292.html

> Hmm, as I recall Dario was going to
> provide a patch for libvirt :-).

And in fact, back then, when Credit2 went default, I did check. I don't
recall now, I guess I checked the code and never properly tested
things.

And in the code (although, again, I don't remember the details) I must
have been tricked by the fact that since Credit and Credit2 have the
same parameters, libvirt handling of them is ok for both... And missed
the check that bails out if the scheduler is not Credit! :-/

Or something. IDK. Well, Sorry about that.

> But he is quite busy so it will have to be
> added to my very long todo list.

I am, but this was an easy one, and was indeed my fault... So I did my
best. Hope the patch is not too terrible. :-)

Regards
--
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D
http://about.me/dario.faggioli