Re: [Xen-devel] Xen optimization

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 6:41 PM Meng Xu <xumengpanda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The jitter may come from Xen or the OS in dom0.
> It will be useful to know what is the jitter if you run the test on PetaLinux.
> (It's understandable the jitter is gone without OS. It is also common
> that OS introduces various interferences.)

Hi Meng,
well... I'm using bare-metal application and I need it exclusively to
be ran on one CPU as domU (guest) without OS (and I'm not sure how
would I make the same app to be ran on PetaLinux dom0 :D haha).
Is there a chance that PetaLinux as dom0 is creating this jitter and
how? Is there a way of decreasing it?

Yes, there are no prints.

I'm not sure about this timer interrupt passthrough because I didn't
find any example of it, in attachment I included xen-overlay.dtsi file
which I edited to add passthrough, in earlier replies there are
bare-metal configuration file. It would be helpful to know if those
setting are correct. If they are not correct it would explain the
jitter.

Thanks in advance, Milan Boberic!