[Xen-devel] Xen 4.12 Development Update

This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
would like to see in 4.12 so that people have an idea what is going on and
prioritise accordingly.

You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
working on.

= Timeline =

We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release about every 8 months.
The upcoming 4.12 timeline are as followed:

* Last posting date: December 14th, 2018
  [ as this is just before Christmas some maintainers might ask for an
    earlier last posting date if their Ack is needed. ]
* Hard code freeze: January 11th, 2019
* RC1: TBD
* Release: March 7th, 2019

Note that we don't have freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
that wish to go into 4.12 must be posted no later than the last posting
date. All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued
into next release.

RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.

We recently introduced a jira instance to track all the tasks (not only big)
for the project. See: https://xenproject.atlassian.net/projects/XEN/issues.

Most of the tasks tracked by this e-mail also have a corresponding jira task
referred by XEN-N.

I have started to include the version number of series associated to each
feature. Can each owner send an update on the version number if the series
was posted upstream?

= Projects =

== Hypervisor ==

*  Per-cpu tasklet
  -  XEN-28
  -  Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk

*  Improvements to domain creation (v2)
  -  Andrew Cooper

*  Argo (inter-VM communication)
  -  Christopher Clark

*  Make credit2 scheduler the default
  -  George Dunlap

=== x86 ===

*  hypervisor x86 instruction emulator additions (v2)
  -  Jan Beulich

*  PV-IOMMU (v6)
  -  Paul Durrant

*  HVM guest CPU topology support (RFC)
  -  Chao Gao

*  Intel Processor Trace virtualization enabling (v1)
  -  Luwei Kang

*  Linux stub domains (RFC)
  -  Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

== Grub2 ==