Re: [Xen-devel] [Bug] 4.12 kernel dom0 always reboot on xen 4.9 efi

>>> On 10.08.17 at 13:09, <xiong.y.zhang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On my SKL/KBL machine,  upstream 4.12 kernel dom0 couldn't boot up using
> xen.efi which is xen 4.9
>

> (1)     Upstream 4.11 kernel doesn't have such issue.
>
> (2)     Upstream 4.12 kernel on my native uefi machine could boot up.
>
> After some debug, I have some finding:
> firmware/efi.c: Reinit efi global variable
>
>     efi is a global variable, some of efi members is initialized to
> INVALID_TABLE_ADDR when efi is defined. But efi is zero when
> setup_arch() begin running for unknown reason.

Well, I don't think that's a precise description, but anyway the
problem has been discussed before, and a patch is available
(but may not have landed in the 4.12.x stable tree yet, as
originally it was assumed to only be cosmetic) - look for
"x86/xen/efi: Initialize only the EFI struct members used by
Xen".

Jan