Re: [Xen-devel] Duplicated memory node in the Device-Tree (WAS [XEN] Re: Duplicated memory nodes cause the BUG())

On 26/07/17 10:08, Andrii Anisov wrote:
Hello,

Hi Andrii,

On 25.07.17 21:11, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jul 2017, Julien Grall wrote:
Furthermore, if you look at the wikipage for Renesas R-Car on Xen
(see [1]), a
specific DT for Xen is provided.
Well, we introduced a specific DT as a faster way to get the system up
and running. But the target is to get rid of it.
Except that nasty issue with memory banks, there is another one: how to
handle reserved memory regions needed for some IP's functionality (e.g.
ADSP).
As I already said I do cleanup remaining nits one by one.

That's true. It does not make sense to do this until we get rid of the
Xen specific R-Car device tree on the wiki.
IMO, we it should appear correspondent functionality in XEN first, and
latter get rid of specific device tree on the wiki. So that we will have
the wiki steps adequate to the current master.

It sounds like to me that a non-modified DT for Xen on R-Car is not for tomorrow...

So here, the first and only sensible option is to work with the vendor to modify the device-tree.

If the vendor is not willing to do it, then we can discuss about implementing a fix in Xen.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall