Re: [Xen-devel] ARM: Adjusting guest memory size through xl mem-{set|max} fails

On 07/19/2017 01:57 PM, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 01:52:08PM +0200, Sergej Proskurin wrote:
>> ---
>> root@avocet:~# xl list
>> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
>> Time(s)
>> Domain-0                                     0  1024     6
>> r-----      38.9
>> domu1                                        1   511     2
>> -b----       0.3
>> root@avocet:~# xl mem-max 1 550m
>> root@avocet:~# xl mem-set 1 520m
>> libxl: error: libxl_mem.c:272:libxl_set_memory_target: Domain
>> 1:memory_dynamic_max must be less than or equal to memory_static_max
>>
> This is a bit strange. What is the maxmem= in your domain config?
>
> I'm not too sure if you can just use xl mem-max. It's a bit messy in
> that area.

As far as I remember, it was possible before (at least on Xen 4.7 and
4.8). I have not set the maxmem= option in the domain config at all. I
just specify the amount of memory by means of memory=.

>> cannot set domid 1 dynamic max memory to : 520m
>> ---
>>
>> According to the error messages from above, I assume this patch will not
>> fix the issues on ARMv7 yet, right?
>>
> The error you saw on ARMv7 is different from the one above afaict. Not
> sure if my patch would fix ARMv7. I'm not too familiar with the inner
> working of ARM guests.

Alright. Anyway, I will try your patch also on ARMv7; just to be sure.
But I also don't think that it'll fix the issue.

Thanks,
Sergej