Re: [Xen-devel] I was able to cross-compile the hypervisor on an amd64 host for the aarch64 target ... However, I can't build the Xen toolset

-------- Original message --------
From: Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx>
Date: 7/5/17 01:15 (GMT-08:00)
To: Nick Garnett <nick@xxxxxxxxx>, 'xen-devel' <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'Wei Liu' <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx>, 'Stefano Stabellini' <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] I was able to cross-compile the hypervisor on an   amd64 host for the aarch64 target ... However, I can't build the Xen toolset

Hello Nick,

On 07/04/2017 10:59 PM, Nick Garnett wrote:
> [...]

In that case, you don't need to install crossbuild_essential_arm64.
Compiling in that chroot is like compiling directly on an ARM platforms.

My runes are usually:

./configure
make -j install-tools

This will install the tools in /usr/local/

I think the list of dependencies on the CrossCompiling page is still valid:

https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/CrossCompiling#Configuring_an_arm64_crossbuild_chroot

> Which distributions are you targeting?
>
> [nickgarnett 1707041454PDT]  I am using Xen 4.9.0

I meant Linux Distribution. E.g is it Debian, Fedora, Yocto?

[nickgarnett]  Ubuntu Zesty