Re: [Xen-devel] What is provided with the Xen Tools and why do I need them?

Hello,

Please avoid top-posting, it breaks the flow of the conversation.

On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 09:34:17AM -0700, Nick Garnett wrote:
> Is "xl" the application that is installed following the "Xen ARM with
> Virtualization Extensions/CrossCompiling" page, "Build arm64 tools" section?

Yes, those are the tools I was referring to.

> I was able to install the "xen-tools" package with no issues, following the
> "xen-tools – a straightforward VM provisioning/installation tool" page
> ("https://blog.xenproject.org/2012/08/31/xen-tools-a-straightforward-vm-prov
> isioninginstallation-tool/").

OK, this is not the tools I was referring to. Sadly someone decided to
create a completely different application that's used for provisioning
vm images, and decided to name it xen-tools. This is not mandatory in
order to run a Xen Dom0.

> Does that package provide the only "Xen Tools" that are necessary?

No.

Roger.