Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.7-testing bisection] complete build-amd64

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.7-testing bisection] complete
build-amd64"):
> On 12.06.17 at 12:45, <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.7-testing bisection] complete
> > build-amd64"):
> > Normally, the debug build of some software would (i) generate better
> > diagnostics (at the cost of possible information leaks log volume
> > problems) and (ii) add additional checks to the code which will detect
> > more bugs (at the a possible performance cost).
> >
> > osstest doesn't do much perf testing and the other downsides aren't
> > relevant.
>
> Are you sure? Higher optimization levels may expose bugs (and
> not only such in the compiler's optimizer).

If there are features of the Xen debug builds which are contrary to my
description, then perhaps should revisit what "a debug build" means.

At the very least xen.git should provide a way to get a build which
has the properties I describe (insofar as that's feasibly, obviously).