Re: [Xen-devel] xsa213 and live patching

On 06/09/2017 08:22 AM, Sarah Newman wrote:
Has anyone tried to generate a live patch for xsa213 against 4.8? When I try to
do so I get errors for common/compat/compat/multicall.o and
xen/common/multicall.o stating that 'changed section .discard not selected for
inclusion'.

I think, but could be mistaken, that the .discard section is not material and
should be ignored by create-diff-object. Is this true and if so what is
the right way of implementing this?

Please keep me CC'ed as I am not currently subscribed.

Hi Sarah,

You are correct that the .discard section is not needed. I had previously fixed this but hadn't yet sent out that patch. I've now sent this fix along with another to xen-devel.

Regards,
--
Ross Lagerwall