Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.9 rc6

(CC Andrew and Ian)

On 23/05/17 10:24, M A Young wrote:
On Mon, 22 May 2017, Julien Grall wrote:

Hi all,

Xen 4.9 rc6 is tagged. You can check that out from xen.git:

 git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git 4.9.0-rc6

For your convenience there is also a tarball at:
https://downloads.xenproject.org/release/xen/4.9.0-rc6/xen-4.9.0-rc6.tar.gz

And the signature is at:
https://downloads.xenproject.org/release/xen/4.9.0-rc6/xen-4.9.0-rc6.tar.gz.sig

Please send bug reports and test reports to xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
When sending bug reports, please CC relevant maintainers and me
(julien.grall@xxxxxxx).

We are aware of bugs below:
        - Recent patches introduced a regression in the build. Some targets
        (e.g install-tools) will not install the headers. A patch has been sent
        on the mailing list (see [1]). A known workaround is to call `make`.
        - HVM_set_hvm_param and HVMOP_flush_tlbs may fail if requiring
continuation.
        A patch has been sent on the mailing list (see [2]).

As a reminder, there will be another Xen Test Day tomorrow (Tuesday 23th May),
for the instructions see:

https://blog.xenproject.org/2017/04/13/announcing-xen-project-4-9-rc-and-test-day-schedule/

Cheers,

[1] https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-05/msg02165.html
[2] https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-05/msg02108.html

I had build problems with these two patches added (and before I added
them). It looks like at the stage in my build process where
make -j2 prefix=/usr tools
gets run it is running
make -C tools/include install
make -C tools/include dist
together and it fails soon after when the alignment checks run at the same
time.

The full build log is at
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/myoung/xentest/fedora-26-x86_64/00555373-xen/build.log.gz

        Michael Young