Re: [Xen-devel] qemu-xen-traditional VNC SASL support

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 7:58 PM, Simon Waterman <watermansrdev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read that only bug fixes are being accepted for qemu-xen-traditional.  I'd
> quite like to see SASL
> support for VNC in qemu-xen-traditional so that it is available when using
> IOEMU stub-domains.
>
> I've got a patch that back-ports this support from upstream QEMU but as it
> can't be considered
> a bug fix, does that mean there's no chance of it being merged?

If it's not too much work, could you post the patch as an RFC (cc'ing
Ian Jackson, the qemu-trad maintainer)?  That would give us something
concrete to work with.

If it was just a small patch with simple changes, I would argue in
favor of accepting it, given that there is no current option for
qemu-upstream stubdoms.

 -George