Re: [Xen-devel] arm64: Approach for DT based NUMA and issues

Hi Dario,

On 28/11/16 12:30, Dario Faggioli wrote:
On Mon, 2016-11-28 at 16:32 +0530, Vijay Kilari wrote:
On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 2:21 AM, Dario Faggioli
<dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That makes perfect sense to me, and FWIW, is also what I'd do. In
fact,
the whole point of what I was saying was not to confuse Xen NUMA
support and Dom0 NUMA support; if we want to do both of them, the
latter right after the former, fine, but they're separate things
indeed.
  Yes, agreed. Whatever the existing Xen NUMA-Aware code is
completely kept
under x86, which can be used for arm as well. So needs cleanup and
make common
for both archs.

Sure.

  Regarding Dom0 NUMA-aware, in arm Dom0 is completely not NUMA-
aware, not even
to the extent supported in x86.

Well, Dom0 is ~0% NUMA aware on x86. But it's not important whose Dom0
is _less_ NUMA aware. What I (and also Julien, AFAICT) am talking about
is that we should start make Xen NUMA aware for ARM, before looking at
Dom0.

I totally agree with this sentence. Let's focus on making Xen NUMA-aware first.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall